October 1st- brushing crumbs from chocolate covered pretzels off my chest and throwing out the empty Salted Caramel ice cream pint I know without a shadow of a doubt, that I am a backslider. I have backslid. What a fail.
I have spent a better part of the last 5 months dicking around pretending that I was on a diet and attempting to loose weight. I realize this as I note that a) I cancelled my weight watchers subscription b) haven't measured/weighed myself in a while c) my jeans still fit exactly as they did a couple months back (managed to finally drop comfortably back into a size 12. argh nothing to be proud of...) d) Myfitnesspal has an annoying reminder on my phone telling me that it has been a whopping 5 weeks since I last logged any food or activity progress.
I know that I need to start over... I must get my motivation and determination back, I must prepare to work hard to see results. I read Size 12, You're Fat!, a motivational article about how being a size 12 (despite it being the national average) is still insanely fat, and that size 12ers, like myself, should not kid themselves otherwise. Thanks for this Momlogic, you really know how to motivate. I then flip over to pintrest (who does a far better job at motivation) to pin inspirational quotes and hot women who probably work out an insane amount of time to look that fucking awesome- choice examples below.

Today I (re)begin my "hardcore workout regime" with the Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred. I silently vow to myself to do this every day for the next 30 days. Hopefully I can see a miraculous transformation like this:
I have spent a better part of the last 5 months dicking around pretending that I was on a diet and attempting to loose weight. I realize this as I note that a) I cancelled my weight watchers subscription b) haven't measured/weighed myself in a while c) my jeans still fit exactly as they did a couple months back (managed to finally drop comfortably back into a size 12. argh nothing to be proud of...) d) Myfitnesspal has an annoying reminder on my phone telling me that it has been a whopping 5 weeks since I last logged any food or activity progress.
I know that I need to start over... I must get my motivation and determination back, I must prepare to work hard to see results. I read Size 12, You're Fat!, a motivational article about how being a size 12 (despite it being the national average) is still insanely fat, and that size 12ers, like myself, should not kid themselves otherwise. Thanks for this Momlogic, you really know how to motivate. I then flip over to pintrest (who does a far better job at motivation) to pin inspirational quotes and hot women who probably work out an insane amount of time to look that fucking awesome- choice examples below.
Today I (re)begin my "hardcore workout regime" with the Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred. I silently vow to myself to do this every day for the next 30 days. Hopefully I can see a miraculous transformation like this:

No comments:
Post a Comment